Friday, February 6, 2009

Who, What, When, Where, and Why

I'm not a blogger. I don't even like the word "blog," it's just not on my list of pretty words. Pandemonium is a beautiful word to say, blog just sounds like a blah log. But back to my original point. I'm not a blogger. I'm not going to sit here saying life-altering things on a daily basis that will make people go "wow, that girl is deep." I'll be all into it, writing my various thoughts and ideas for about two days, then I'll forget it exists. So if you do stumble across me and like what I say, don't get attached. This is most likely a passing phase for me.

I am a 33 year old mother of a 3.5 year old son who is the center of my universe. I live in the Poconos, I have accomplished very little in my life except for giving birth to my son, and that took six years to accomplish. I have college credits out the wazoo, but no degree. I've changed my mind about what I want to be "when I grow up" about fifty times. Okay, six to be more accurate. I've been a secondary ed English major, a plain old English major, a Journalism major, a Gen Ed major, and a nursing major. Apparently I can't count, as that's only five. But I seriously considered Communications, Anthropology, Archeology, Epidemiology, and Psychology. I like the -ologies.

I don't like clowns, small spaces, high places, large crowds, spiders, snakes, movies about cannibals in West Virginia, people who wait until the last minute to fill out their checks in the check out line (seriously, who the hell even uses checks anymore? Get a damn check card!) or port-a-potties. My son thinks the things that freak me out are hilarious, thank goodness he seems relatively fearless, like his father.

I talk about my kid way too much. I used to hate when I was childless and people would occupy the entire conversation talking about what a cute little poop their son made in the toilet, now I am that person. My kid amuses the hell out of me on a daily basis, and if you don't find him fascinating, go read someone else's blog, or skip any entry that begins with "guess what Jacob did today?"

I think I covered just about everything, except why. If I'm not a blogger, and I don't even care if anyone reads this, then why bother? Pretty much because I have nothing better to do at the moment, and I thought it would be therapeutic to write about stuff like my road rage, my inability to comprehend a Kitchen Aid, and why a raven is like a writing desk.

That's about it. Maybe I'll think of something else to say later.

2 comments:

-Doug Brunell (America's Favorite Son) said...

"Blog" is a horrible word. I hate it. I hated the idea of doing one, too, but then I discovered that it's cheaper than therapy. I've read your extensive lists of posts so far. I like them. You are a good writer, and I think you should pursue it.

Queen Slug said...

I know blog is a nasty sounding word, but Doug is right it's super easy get the shit out of your head therapy.