Saturday, June 13, 2009

Happy Birthday to You, Happy Birthing Day to Me

Tonight I held my three year old for the last time. When he wakes up in the morning, he'll be a four year old. Technically, not until 7:56 PM tomorrow, but I'm not going to make him wait until then to open his remaining presents. Today was his birthday party in the park. Half his little friends didn't show up. Hopefully that will change when he starts elementary school. But he still had a great time. The thunder storm held out until the very end of his party. We came home and I attempted to assemble a Hot Wheels trick track. I think there must be something in the "y" chromosome that makes this task a lot easier, because try as I might, I still didn't get it to work the way it's supposed to. I also discovered that I still suck at Operation, even in the shape of Spongebob. You'd think several decades plus a few years would have given me the fine motor skills to extract a wrench from a cardboard cutout patient. Good thing I never wanted to be a surgeon.


I can't believe how fast he's growing, or how far he's come. Enjoy some of my nostalgic trip down memory lane.




Birth





Three weeks



Four Months



First Birthday


Eighteen Months


Second Birthday



September 2007

Third Birthday


Today

1 comment:

Queen Slug said...

I remember when he was born, I remember the phone calls we had & you were so worried. I remember telling you he would be fine & then getting off the phone & praying to a god I don't even really believe in that he would be ok because there was nothing else I could do.

Happy B-day Jacob!